(Thursday to Sunday) 4 days / 3 nights
Please enquire about our tour price.
50% deposit is required on confirmation of booking.
* If the tour dates don’t suit your calendar or you have your own tour dates in mind, no problem. Get in touch and we can arrange a tour any time as long as your tour is confirmed 21 days prior to your requested tour date.
This is a condensed version of the 8-day package and is a considered mix of location and single-track variety that will make you want to come back for more.
A short 30-minute shuttle from Cape Town International Airport takes us to South Africa’s wine and gourmet capital, Stellenbosch. Here you will discover a vibrant university town with oak shaded streets lined with cafes, boutiques, art galleries and historical buildings. Plenty sights, sounds and evening entertainment to keep you occupied when you’re not on the bike.
- Intermediate and above fitness level required.
- Intermediate – advanced technical skills advised.
- We suggest between 130mm – 160mm of travel for the full experience.
- Rental bikes available from Vivid MTB.
- Each day we ride about 2-4 hours (20-30km) in the morning, lunch, then another 1-2 hour ride (15km) in the afternoon if you’re up for it.
- Our elevation gain on each ride ranges from about 400m-1000m.
- Temperatures can vary between 20 – 35degrees C depending on time of year.
- Airport transfers
- Vehicle, trailer and driver/guide for 4-days
- 2 MTB guides for 4-days. This is dependent on group size.
- Accommodation at 3/4 star Bed & Breakfast, 3-nights
- 3 x delectable picnic lunches.
- *All prices are based on double rooms per person sharing.
- *Single room supplements are available on request.
DAY 1 / Thursday
- Airport transfer to accommodation
- Introductions and banter whilst we build up the steeds
- Head out to Jonkershoek trails for an afternoon shake down
- Quench your thirst with a cold South African brew, then dinner
The Jonkershoek MTB trail network, situated in a nature reserve, is an easy access 9km away from Stellenbosch central. Abundant purpose built MTB single-track offering a medley of trails from flow blue lines to more technical red lines. Berms, off-camber, rocks, roots and jumps, Jonkershoek has something for all riding abilities. There is also a double black route for the adrenaline junkies. Jonkershoek will reward you with single-track goodness, a big mountain experience and stunning scenery reminiscent of France, Germany and Switzerland.
DAY 2 / Friday
- 40-minute transfer to Welvanpas
- Ride Welvanpas MTB trail network
- Transfer back to Stellenbosch
- Afternoon ride – optional
More big mountains! Set in the foothills of Bainskloof, the historic Welvanpas farm is the beginning and end point of the mornings ride. Weave through orchards, vineyards, waterfalls and pristine fynbos. Challenging ups rewarded with some of the best single-track on the African continent. Welvanpas has a special place in our hearts! A big day out.
DAY 3 / Saturday
SIMONSBERG / DELVERA
- Breakfast of champions
- 20-minute transfer to Simonsberg Conservancy
- Ride Delvere & Simonsberg MTB trail network
- Lunch & Wine tasting
- Transfer back to Stellenbosch
- Afternoon ride at Jonkershoek
Greater Simonsberg Conservancy is a mountainous wine producing region with panoramic views that never fail to impress. Experience diverse landscapes from vineyards, pine plantations, open grassland to indigenous fynbos. Over 60km’s of crafted single-track stoke. Well planned contours to keep the ups interesting before tucking in and bombing down sublime single-track. The tracks here are regularly used for regional Enduro events.
DAY 4 / Sunday
TYGERBERG TRAIL NETWORK
- 30-minute shuttle to the trail head
- Ride Tygerberg trail network
- Home Gerome, Airport Shuttle
A variety of trails developed on interlinked private land that will weave you through indigenous renosterveld and farmland. Open vistas and 360° views reward the ups before swooping down on a variety of technical trails. Pin your ears back for high speed blue flow lines or armour up for a rocky shark fin DH line and everything in-between. Berms drops and tabletops professionally developed and maintained by the Tygerberg mountain bike club.