PAARL RESERVE LOOP
1 day tour
Please enquire about our tour price.
Full amount to be paid
MIN / MAX PAX
6 / 16
90% Gravel 10% Road
Easy - Moderate
THIS IS FOR YOU
- For those of you wanting to explore quiet country gravel roads close to Cape Town.
- Intermediate and above fitness level required. For the “not so fit”, an E-bike is recommended.
- Beginner to intermediate technical skills advised.
- Temperatures can vary between 10 –20°C in winter 20 – 35°C in season.
- Support vehicle/driver, trailer
- Guide/s depending on group size
- On the bike refreshments (snack bar & energy drink)
- Breakfast/Lunch for own account
- Bike rental
- Medical & Personal insurance
Paarl Rock 50km loop
Paarl Rock, a mere 60km from Cape Town and named for its glistening appearance after rain, is the second largest granite outcrop in the world. On approach the bulbous granite domes look alien in appearance and provide exquisite views towards Table Mountain, Franschoek, Wellington and beyond.
Paarl Rock Reserve provides a breath of fresh air away from the hustle and bustle of city life. For the most part, the gravel roads in the Reserve are easily ride-able on an E-bike, Gravel bike or Mtb. There are one or two tricky descents if on a Gravel Bike but these sections are short and easy to walk.
We end our ride at the famous Spice Route and rewarded ourselves with locally brewed beer, handmade chocolate and towering burgers